Credit and Collections Specialist
We are currently looking for a Credit & Collections Specialist for our Client in Scarborough. This will be a permanent, full-time opportunity and will be responsible for managing Credit and Collections and maintaining Accounts Receivables. This is a full time role with a growing Company.Salary: $50,000-$60,000
Position: Credit & Collections Specialist PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Thorough knowledge of Accounts Receivable business cycle.
- Collections and reconciliations of customer’s accounts
- Make daily collections calls.
- Conduct account research and analysis.
- Maintain accurate AR aging reports.
- Reconcile AR to GL.
- Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries.
- Communicate and resolve invoicing issues as well as debits, short payments and disputes with clients and internal operational teams.
- Process Credit Card payments: online processing, update shipment/account, notify appropriate parties in urgent situations.
- Accurate set up of all new accounts in software including adding to the New Account list for collection purposes.
- Manage cash application and payment reconciliations in accounting software.
- Analyze problem and devise solutions.
- Any other activities assigned by the Accounting Manager
- 3-5 years Credit/Collections and AR experience.
- Excellent command of English both verbal and written.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel especially pivot tables and macros.
- Possesses a customer focus attitude and the ability to listen to customer needs.
- Effective collection skills with a proven track record for reducing DSO.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- General understanding of accounting principals.
- Positive, can do attitude and exceptional organizational skills is a must.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.