Supply Chain Director – Food Industry
Our client is a well-known Canadian Company producer of Great Brands in the Food Industry – they are currently looking for a Supply Chain Director to join their team.
Looking for candidates with great leadership experience – strong technical skills in planning, procurement, overall business leadership in Supply Chain. Great attitude, passionate about making a difference at work as an individual contributor and within a team environment.
As a progressive employer, they offer a great work environment, competitive compensation, benefits and career development.
The Supply Chain Director will provide strategy, leadership and direction overseeing Supply Planning, Purchasing/Procurement, Distribution, Demand / Forecast Planning Customer Service. The Supply Chain Director will be responsible to lead, engage and develop high performance teams. Management of all systems, metrics to drive continuous improvements and cost effectiveness enhancements. Familiar with standard logistics and distribution concepts and practices. Works with a high degree of autonomy and accountability. Great leadership skills managing both internal and external relationships.
Position – Supply Chain Director– Food IndustryLocation – GTA West (Oakville / Burlington / Hamilton Area)
Food manufacturing experience preferred
Salary – Competitive – YE bonus –
Position – Full time
Benefits – Competitive Rewards package
Experience – 10 – 15 years +Responsibilities:
- Manage the Distribution, Planning, Logistics / Customer Service teams – responsible to lead, engage and develop high performance teams meeting all KPI – providing great customer service with focus on complete / on-time delivery.
- Manage the planning and scheduling of all materials into our manufacturing facilities
- Responsible for all sourcing in active markets
- Sound understanding of inventory management and the financial implications.
- Manage the Distribution, Planning, Logistics / Customer Service teams – meeting all KPI areas providing great customer service with focus on complete / on-time delivery. Manage the 3rd Party warehouse and Freight costs including labor, operating costs and freight requirements as per contract agreement
- Management of all domestic and cross-border freight
- Participate across Operations leadership team, demonstrating collaboration and understanding of Operations, Quality Assurance, Costing and labour deployment.
Required Experience and Education:
- Solid understanding of Canadian Supply Chain practices and Canadian custom legislation and import/export policies.
- Demonstrated understanding of Full cycle Supply Chain management.
- 8 to 12 years operations/logistics experience or equivalent combination of education and experience along with direct people management experience.
- Sound understanding of ERP systems, specifically fluent with SAP.
- Strong Data and Analytical skills – ability to provide recommendation considering Financial implications
- Driven, self-starter with excellent computer skills, outstanding attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Individual must possess good problem-solving and analytical skills as well as excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Prior experience in Consumer Goods, manufacturing and food industries
- Supply Chain related designation
- University degree preferred