Continuous Improvement Manager – Food Industry
Location: ON - Toronto
Salary Range: $100,000 - $120,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client, a leading Food Company, is currently seeking a driven and ambitious Continuous Improvement Manager to join their Management team. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated professional with experience in the Food Industry.Position Title: Continuous Improvement Manager Reports to: Plant Manager
Direct Reports: NoneSummary:As an experienced practitioner of continuous improvement methods, this individual will model and teach the necessary systems and behaviors required to implement the continuous improvement Model. This leader will coach and mentor through a high degree of production floor interaction with an emphasis on the adoption of CI tools and behaviors aimed at improving key performance metrics. He/She will be the change agent of the leadership team, with the ability to see and understand the corporate CI vision and lead the organization toward it.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Support a culture of accountability and team work at assigned location(s) by assisting with the achievement of individual and team metrics in the areas of:
- Production attainment
- Associate relations and retention
- Labor and material variances
- Lead effective change management.
- Solve complex problems to root cause through formal methodology application and coach/train others to do the same.
- Act as an internal consultant by leading and defining continuous improvement activities.
- Champion loss elimination through capability building and on the floor experiences.
- Work closely with all functions to achieve lowest possible down time and efficient use of plant and equipment.
- Apply analysis to improve process control and capability.
- Partner with process owners to deliver sustainable and repeatable change.
- Develop and prepare metrics and related reports.
Develop standardized work and implement at all levels of the organization.
- Coordinate with external resources to improve current CI systems.
- Identify and leverage best practices across the organization.
- Site contact for corporate CI.
- Four year degree in a related, business or technical field such as food science, operations management, engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in production management or supervision, preferably in the food processing industry.
- Demonstrated successful performance in positions of increasing responsibility within Manufacturing/Operations (preferred previous Operations and CI experience)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated coaching effectiveness & ability to inspire change.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.