Demand Planner – Packaging Industry
Location: ON - Toronto
Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is currently seeking a driven and ambitious Demand Planner to join their team. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated professional who has a go-getter attitude.POSITION: DEMAND PLANNERResponsibilities:
- Responsible for the Consensus Forecast portfolio.
- Aligned with assigned customers. Drives volume consensus process across Customer Business Development Manager portfolio.
- Works with Sales counterparts to develop forecast inputs. Ensures reasonableness of inputs.
- Translates Sales inputs into the demand plan. Provides inputs at both consensus and lower levels, as necessary, to ensure accuracy at all levels down to SKU/Month.
- Utilize external data and insights to add increase value to the demand plan
- Focuses on understanding the business to recognize the business drivers’ inputs and initiatives. Communicates key assumptions (i.e., merchandising calendar, distribution changes, pricing, risks, opportunities, etc.).
- Conducts root causal analysis of business performance against forecast and pacing gaps.
- Develops executive volume forecast summary, including drivers on all factors influencing the short, medium, and long term forecast horizons.
- Bachelor or College degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance or related field
- 3 to 5 years of previous experience in forecasting, preferably within the food industry or related industry
- Experience in and exposure to S&OP processes and procedures, customer planning, and supply planning
- Practical and demonstrated use of productivity/continuous improvement methodology in previous positions
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – both formal and informal
- Methodology aptitudes & leadership in areas such as forecasting, team facilitation, problem-solving, and overall solution optimization
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional project team and appropriately manage multiple demands on time
- Experience and or exposure in SAP and strong Excel skills
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.