Director of Operations – Food Industry
We are looking for an experienced leader who will oversee the day to day operational support functions of the company. Our Client is a family owned business in Food Manufacturing, based out of Toronto – West.Location – GTA -West
Salary – Competitive (Depending on experience)We are looking for a Director of Operations to join our Senior Leadership Team in Toronto. This is a key leadership position, reporting to the President, that will have overall responsibility for manufacturing, supply chain, safety, quality, and engineering to ensure the company’s day-to-day operational activities run smoothly and effectively. This position requires the analysis of broad and complex issues and the formulation of strategies to increase operational performance, drive continuous improvement and mitigate risk.As a member of the Senior Leadership Team this position will also have the opportunity to influence the activity of other key functions within the company such as Marketing, Sales and Finance.NOW is the time to join this exciting, growing, family-oriented company and make a significant impact as they push forward with their aggressive growth strategy.The individual must possess the extensive background and experience leading efforts across multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities, establishing and achieving KPIs across all supply chain activities and a continuous improvement mindset. Director of Operations responsibilities include:
- Develops and implements a strategic operating plan that supports the organization’s vision and goals.
- Oversees the functions of operations including manufacturing, engineering, supply chain, quality and safety through continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Participates on the Senior Leadership Team to maximize opportunities across the company.
- Analyzes revenue, profit and cash flow opportunities for the business and recommends actions to maximize efficiencies and operational partnership with other functions. Manages/oversees annual Operations planning, budgeting, forecasting and monthly reporting.
- Establishes and achieves KPIs across all supply chain activities including Purchasing, Production Forecasting, Inventory Management, Logistics, Audits, etc.
- Develops and manages operating standards and practices that are responsive and adaptable to evolving business needs.
- Develops long term global raw material supply strategy and manages relationships with key suppliers.
- Serves as a leader and role model creating a proactive, empowering and collaborative culture where employees are equipped and driven to excel.
- Makes sound hiring decisions with effective development of personnel including training, career development, discipline and succession planning.
- Leads/oversees major projects, plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.
- Keeps current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation.
- Ensures compliance with applicable corporate safety risk management objectives as well as BRC regulatory requirements.
- Partners with Marketing, R&D and Quality on new products and packaging and corrective action initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
Director of Operations Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Engineering or related field desired.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership, knowledge and experience with key manufacturing processes, best practices, and implementing process improvements to meet the changing business needs while driving strategy and execution within the consumer goods industry.
- Senior leadership experience managing cross-functional teams with demonstrated ability of building a strong, collaborative culture driving and exceeding projected results.
- Solid financial acumen including P&L responsibility, inventory, costs and margin.
- Solid understanding of KPI Management focusing on quality, cost, service & delivery.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute deadline driven projects with strong bias for action along with prioritizing multiple and competing projects.
- Capable of proactively anticipating necessary changes needed to evolve the Operations organization to meet the Company’s business needs.
- Proven track record of attracting, coaching, developing, and leading high-performance teams.
- Strategic, persistent, proactive, collaborative, and goal oriented.
- Passionately curious.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas into concise actionable solutions.
- Must be able to facilitate meetings onsite and remotely.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.