Engineering Manager – Food Industry
Our Client, a leading Food Company, is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join their Company.Position: Engineering Manager
This position offers the opportunity to work in an environment with a good mix of old and new equipment and a supportive team environment. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the maintenance and engineering function in a dynamic and high performance environment.
- The Engineering Manager will Coordinate all engineering and maintenance activities at plant, including capital projects with support of region/corporate engineering to maximize production equipment reliability and efficiency as well as costs.
- Develops/manages plant capital/maintenance budgets and insures compliance with company and regulatory policies/procedures.
- Develops, analyzes, advises and recommends strategic and tactical initiatives to reduce costs and improve total asset performance.
- Initiates/executes projects and programs to deliver business strategies and protect physical assets.
- Knowledge of process engineering, flows, capacities, capabilities, yields, costs and people systems.
- Leads/participates in development, recommendations and implementations of cost savings. Develops/designs equipment improvements/modifications.
- Purchases, expedites and directs installation of equipment with or without outside contractors. Works with vendors as required, monitors bids, writes specs with vendors.
- Advises other staff from mechanical and/or technical viewpoint as to proposed operations or modifications.
- Responsible for department budget.
- Champions OEE improvement initiatives, as well as selection, implementation and monitoring of equipment reliability improvement plans.
- Manages & develops supervisors, leads department structure, process and procedure improvement initiatives, and employee motivation and performance management (through supervisors), develops and maintains successful relationships with peer staff members, team members and direct reports.
- Provides leadership, development and direction to effectively leverage the resources allocated to the maintenance dept to provide highest possible level of safety, quality, productivity, customer satisfaction and operational effectiveness.
- Leads/drives continuous improvements in safety, quality, productivity and service.
- University degree in Engineering with an engineering designation
- Previous leadership experience in a manufacturing environment (experience within a unionized environment would be an asset
- Sound understanding of financial cost standards & analysis & budgets
- Position requires proficient use and knowledge of computer applications (word, excel, outlook), solid problem-solving and decision-making skills, proven ability to motivate others, resolve conflict, manage accountabilities, coordinate the activities of diverse functions and achieve results, excellent communication/relationship-building skills.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.