Location: ON - Etobicoke
Job Type: Permanent
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Food Scientist. Reporting to the Director of Research and Development, the incumbent is an innovative Food Scientist, passionate about bringing food products to the marketThe Food Scientist will contribute to all phases of R&D from conceptualization to commercialization.POSITION: FOOD SCIENTISTResponsibilities:
- Develop new food products from conceptualization to launch;
- Work in conjunction with QA to ensure stability and long shelf life of formulas;
- Challenge the status quo of equipment and process solutions, and articulate new technologies and solutions in a constructive manner;
- Clearly, document all data generated and report all research work performed – includes creation and documentation of study and experimental protocol, development of experimental process, identification and corrections of developmental and manufacturing issues/problems/ observations;
- Prepare and update daily, weekly, and monthly report and Research and Development
- Plan on experimental activities and results;
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality;
- Perform his/her duties in a safe manner and environment while adhering to all governmental regulations for this industry;
- Continually strive and work with the Production Team to improve our processes for improved safety, quality, and efficient manufacturing;
- Flexible, willing and ready to change direction, evaluate several potential solutions in rapid fashion and adjust to changing direction;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Food Science, Food Engineering, Sensory Science or related fields;
- Enthusiasm for research/computation and hands-on experimentation;
- Self-motivated problem solver and the drive to deliver objectives in a complex environment;
- Highly organized team player with a strong focus on detail and accuracy;
- Experience with bakery products would be considered an asset.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.