Fork Lift Operator – Packaging Industry
Position Summary/Objective: The Forklift Operator primary responsibility is for the accurate and timely loading and offloading of trailers as per the shipping and receiving SOPs. Picking and Staging of raw materials & packaging as per daily picklists. Wrapping of pallets, moving of equipment and any odd jobs as required by the Warehouse supervisor or lead hand. Always follow the Warehouse SOPs and operate in a safe and responsible manner.POSITION: FORK LIFT OPERATORRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate and uphold Company core values
- Operate equipment, verify inventory and update and scan to system
- Support co-workers, identify unsafe practices or safety violations and escalate as required
- Receive goods based on existing SOP’s, making judgements on whether a shipment meets quality standards escalate as required
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and drivers
- Ability to work as a teamwith production coordinating replenishment and picking.
- Consistently demonstrates passionin evaluating continuous improvement opportunities and safety
- Operating safely in a fast-paced environment. Accurate picking and shipping, verifying paperwork
- Occasional support for the team offloading and picking
- Constant standing and walking with lifting and packing and sorting as required
- Some computer work including operating scanners and material handling equipment.
- Must always adhere to the company’s Health and Safety and GMP policies and procedures
- Pallets picked/ received / moved
- Loading / Picking errors
- Material Handling Accuracy
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in the Packaging industry preferred
- Previous experience with ERP systems & RF scanning (SAP considered an asset).
- Experienced with both reach and counterbalance a must.
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven proficiency in material handling as well as picking orders & receiving
- Basic MS Office skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail
- The ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities
- Willingness to learn and teach others, be self-directed and motivated
- Strong aptitude and inclination to learn
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.