HSE Coordinator – Food Industry
Location: ON - Toronto
Salary Range: $95,000 - $110,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
We are currently recruiting for a HSE Coordinator for our client in the Food Industry. This is a full-time, permanent position with a global company in Toronto.The HSE Coordinator is responsible for the overall effectiveness of the Health and Safety Programs, expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive and safe working environment.
Position – HSE Coordinator
- Food Industry
- Experience – min. 3 – 5 years
- Must have experiences working in a manufacturing environment, Food Industry preferred open to other Industries
- Competitive compensation package
- Toronto – West
- Implements, advices and oversees the Health & Safety programs at the Toronto facilty
- Oversees and coordinates initiatives to promote Health & Safety in the workplace.
- On- site lead for Health and Safety orientations to employees, contractors and visitors.
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Lead (JHSC).
- Partners with Human Resources on issues related to investigations and return to work planning
- Verifies certifications are obtained and monitors for compliance for people and/or equipment
- Initiates and coordinates H&S training in compliance with OHSA and Company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Supports the operation team investigation and reporting accidents and incidents within the facilities
- Generates H&S statistics and provides regular reports to Management.
- On the production floor presence providing a strong health and safety mentoring , coaching and support to operations
- Maintains all safety records and documentation
- Ensures compliance with all relevant provincial H&S related legislation and regulations including MOL and WSIB requirements and guidelines.
- Ensures responsibilities and accountabilities are carried out in a safe manner in accordance with provincial legislation, regulations and WSIB and MOL requirements.
- Post-secondary education (Degree in Management or Occupational Health & Safety) is recommended
CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional) designation preferred
- Current knowledge of provincial OHS legislation and regulations for Industrial Establishments, MOL and WSIB regulations and requirements
- JHSC certification training.
- Current CPR and First Aid training certification
- Able to work day shift hours
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.