Our client is looking for a Logistics Specialist to join their growing Company. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for import / customs and manage a flow of documents and shipment follow-ups for the Company.TITLE: LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGERRequirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience within the international transportation/freight market
- University degree or related logistics/supply chain diploma
- Working knowledge and experience of Freight Forwarders, Surface Freight Carriers and Customs Brokers
- Complete understanding of handling ocean and ground freight to and within North America
- Experience in negotiating and leveraging freight to ensure best rates and service
- Experience with acceptable import practices and knowledge of Canada and United States import requirements
- Understanding of import paperwork and creation of bills of lading
- Takes ownership and is resourceful to resolve logistics challenges while providing proactive and accountable communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work within a team environment while also working independent on assigned Logistics portfolio
- Manage the ocean files/lanes which are assigned to you, this includes but not limited to:
Updating the internal Board Sheet
- Proactive to track and tracing all inbound shipments
- Create and maintain all import documentation and proactively ask for any missing documents or OBOL releases before the goods arrive at POD.
- Manage the domestic files/lanes which are assigned to you, this includes but not limited to:
- Organize all pick-up arrangements in advance of the scheduled “ready” date and work with Vendor’s to make sure goods are available.
- Responsible to ensure all inbound shipments are tracked and traced every Wednesday and the traffic sheet updated. Ensure that any exceptions are communicated to the Office Manager and the exceptions properly managed.
- Provide clear, effective and timely communication to internal and external stakeholders for all logistics movements
- Select, negotiate and maintain freight forwarders and domestic carriers, while ensuring that the rates are shared with Accounting and in-line with corporate pricing requirements and providing up-to-date changes to freight pricing
- Perform annual Freight Forwarder and domestic carrier reviews and ensure all logistics service providers are maintaining agreed service levels and meeting expectations
- Create all import paperwork (FDA, Commercial Invoices, etc), while ensuring that all import paperwork is compliant and accurate for smooth Customs releases.
- Interact, communicate and manage Customs Brokers and Customs Officers, ensuring a positive and effective relationships (this includes FDA and other import authorities)
- Update and maintain all HS number (tariff codes) and be subject experts within the Customs field, while managing compliance
- Maintain and communicate daily receiving appointments, while working in conjunction with All Gold Imports Warehouse Manager and our assigned 3PL’s.
- Work with 3PL’s to ensure that established SOP’s are executed and also assist with the product flow in and out of the warehouse. Be the point of contact for all USA 3PL activity.
- Be knowledgeable and accountable to know and expedite urgent products into our buildings or to our Customers
- Work with the Warehouse Teams to ensure receiving reports are accurate and completed correctly. After validation of receiving reports update and receive the products into Blue Link ERP system)
- Invoice and complete direct container or truck shipments to our customer
- Meet daily with other Logistic Team members to provide daily updates to Management or as required.
- Required to own the logistics functions from inception of the ocean or domestic containers/trucks to final delivery. Have a sense of urgency and be the point of contact and expertise for logistics or import related enquiries or escalations
- Other duties or projects as may be required.
By applying to this Logistics Specialist position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.