Maintenance Manager – Food Industry
Location: ON - Brantford Area
Job Type: Permanent
Our client in the Food Industry is currently seeking a Maintenance Manager to join their management team. This is a permanent role with great potential offering an excellent salary and a great working environment.POSITION: Maintenance ManagerPOSITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for maintenance of all production equipment, operation and maintenance of utility services and building facilities.
- Have ability to create and develop relationships, which will enable them to influence and effect change through others.
- Research new equipment and technology to enable the Plant to operate in an extremely competitive environment.
- Strong involvement in the initiation, development and installation of capital projects/initiatives to improve productivity, plant efficiencies, associate safety and product quality.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction programs through new methods.
- Minimize production downtime by ensuring the maintenance staff is properly scheduled, trained, equipped and motivated while ensuring associate safety.
- Promote associate safety and ensure overall compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Promote associate compliance to GMPs and all related food safety practices
- Manage all mechanical contracted services (refrigeration, electrical, construction)
- Manager a preventative maintenance program
- Implement improvement programs and projects
- Assist to produce capital request, develop and manage a capital plan budget.
- Administer weekly departmental budget spending responsibilities; report and address any discrepancies.
- Schedule and monitor all installations, equipment reliability work and PSSRs Conduct PSR’s on new or used equipment.
- Develop, lead and coach associates, through effective training and communication
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years maintenance experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment (preferably in a food manufacturing plant) with a proven track record in outstanding results within their scope of responsibility.
- 7+ year’s progressive maintenance/manufacturing/supervisory experience.
- Possesses sound knowledge of troubleshooting, adjusting or repairing equipment. Including PLCs.
- Working knowledge of Maximo or other preventative maintenance software
- Certification as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) would be an asset
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience with food processing, CFIA and HACCP would be an asset
- Ability to maintain composure while managing pressure.
- Aptitude and interest for learning while demonstrating leadership in a progressive work environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to delegate and hold people accountable for results/satisfactory completion of tasks
- Effective team building skills.
- Demonstrated bias for action
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective presentation skills both formally and informally.
- Demonstrated ability to strive for results
- Available to work flexible shifts to ensure accountability for all necessary maintenance troubleshooting
- Must be knowledgeable and be able to follow GMPs, Food Safety and Health and Safety requirements
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.