Maintenance Supervisor – Food Industry
Our client is a food manufacturing company located in Milton, Ontario. The Maintenance Supervisor will manage and control the maintenance function in the plant and be responsible for all associated technical issues. Supervision of the maintenance coworkers in each production area and/or the warehouse including all labor issues, equipment breakdown repair, preventative maintenance and associated systems, monitoring and control of all maintenance costs, and maintenance of a computerized maintenance management system. The objective is to act as a support function to production to minimize line downtime, assist with process operation, and improve operational efficiency.POSITION: MAINTENANCE SUPERVISORResponsibilities:
- The Maintenance Supervisor will supervise the Maintenance function and ensure that maintenance assignments are carried out in an efficient and safe manner. Perform audits of in-process and closed work orders. Supervisor maintenance staff.
- Set-up, maintain and be responsible for preventative maintenance systems inspection routines, job scheduling, training and identification of plant improvement plans for improved efficiencies and yield.
- Control maintenance expenditures in a cost-effective way according to the site budget for site repairs, resources, direct labor, overtime and contractors.
- Organize and plan maintenance work assignments appropriately within the required timeframes.
- Champion Continuous Improvement initiatives and Safety objectives. Strive for zero incidents and ensure a people centered safety culture exists within the department.
- This position has a very significant impact to the financial and operational success of the plant challenges
- Urgent and emergency machine breakdown situations.
- Troubleshoot technical situations where the solution is uncertain.
- Define tasks and responsibilities for maintenance labor and follow-up.
- Lead the maintenance group in efforts to become more proactive vs. reactive.
- Maintain efficient and timely maintenance activity keeping within budget requirements for total fixed costs.
- Works various work schedules to ensure maintenance coworkers on all shifts are properly supervised
Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelors in Engineering or skilled trade (433A Millwright OR 442A Electrician) – or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the Food Manufacturing Industry.
- Analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Leadership and management skills required.
- Highly motivated, self starter.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy needed to work with software packages such as Microsoft office, Ariba andCMMS.
- Team building skills to lead maintenance team and drive results
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.