Millwright – Food Industry
Location: ON - Mississauga
Salary: $34 per hour
Job Type: Permanent
A leading Company in the Packaging industry is currently seeking a Millwright to join their team. For the right Candidate, this is a fantastic opportunity for great growth prospects.Position: Millwright
Status Permanent Full-time
Reports to Maintenance ManagerA Maintenance Mechanic – Millwright is responsible for setup, changeover, troubleshooting and running production equipment, carrying out Preventive/Predictive Maintenance and repair tasks. Continuously perform assessment and improvement to all production equipment in regards to equipment safety, product quality, lines efficiency and cost savings
- Repair and troubleshooting production equipment, following procedures and completing necessary documentation.
- Carrying out Preventive Maintenance and repairs to ensure good working condition of equipment.
- Continuous assessment and improvement to all production equipment in regards to efficiency and cost savings.
- Modifications of equipment components to improve safety & optimize production.
- Source and order spare parts, obtain pricing or manufacture items using machine shop equipment.
- Other tasks as required. Housekeeping duty related to maintenance shops, tool boxes, equipment.
- Know, understand and comply with all HSE guidelines.Report unsafe conditions, injuries, illnesses and hazardous material releases immediately.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
Attend scheduled training programs.
Working overtime as required including weekends.
- Licensed Ontario Millwright or equivalent with minimum Grade 12 education and some technical courses or 2 years
College Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics or Mechatronics.
- 3-5 years work experience in high speed packaging lines including liquid fillers, flow wrappers, box makers, cartoners, case erectors, labelers, printers, date coders, palletizers, vision and glue system.
- Ability to troubleshoots, overhauls and re-builds packaging machinery and sub-assemblies.
- In-depth familiarity with technical drawings and sketches, machine shop practices (lathe & milling machines),
proximity sensors operations, welding methods, pneumatic/ hydraulic logic is required.
- Knowledge of MP2 computerized maintenance management system would be an advantage.
- Effective verbal and written communication with a good command of the English language.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to read blueprints, machine manuals, SOP’s and familiar with cGMP/ ISO/ HSE Audits.
- Previous experience in consumer packaging industry (pharmaceutical/ cosmetics/ food) is an asset.
- An excellent team player, self disciplined with superior organizing skill.
- Perform the Over haul of packaging equipment and preventative maintenance duties.
- Perform equipment adjustments and changeovers as required
- Willingness to work rotating shifts and overtime when required
- Must adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Certified Industrial Maintenance Millwright (433A)
- Minimum 3 years experience in highly automated environment in packaging.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and effectively meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. (oral & written)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a highly organized fashion with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Own tools required
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.