Plant Manager – Food Industry
Location: ON - Brampton
Salary Range: $140,000 - $160,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client, a leading Food Company, is currently seeking a driven and ambitious Plant Manager to join their team. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated professional looking for a Company that is expanding.Position: Plant Manager
Position Summary: This Plant Manager is accountable for managing the overall results of the plant from a manufacturing perspective, while strictly adhering to Food Safety and Quality requirements and providing superior customer satisfaction as a lowest cost producer.
The Plant Manager is charged to ensure the plant operates using good manufacturing practices, in an environment that is in compliance with health & safety and human resources standards. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for production costs, labour utilization, yield, results of Operations Cost Improvement initiatives.
- Ensures adherence to the Company’s Food Safety requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices, including audit targets.
- Continuously improve the reduction of operating costs.
- Maintain and build a productive and positive employee relations environment through effective implementation of positive employee relations initiatives.
- Develops, recommends, and implements Capital Improvement for plant, including the preparation and execution of a Capital Plant budget.
- Responsible for preparing and executing the plant overhead budget, and direct product cost targets.
- Meet or exceed customer service level targets through the synchronization of process/activities with all functional area processes, from demand planning through to the delivery to the customer.
- Manage the performance of the hourly and salaried team through effective implementation of Human Resources processes and policies and all Leadership Edge initiatives.
- Set and meet all Health and Safety targets.
- Support Marketing and Product Development on new product initiatives
- Maintains and applies knowledge through compliance with CFIA, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, Health and
- Safety, Collective Agreements, and other legislative bodies that impact plant performance.
- Responsible for adherence to all policies and procedures for Quality Assurance, Food Safety and customer specifications on a day to day basis.
- Recognize, support and commit to the facility food safety and quality assurance promise
Preferred Hiring Criteria: The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding Food Industry environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with associates and employees. Candidates must have:
- Post secondary education in one of the following disciplines: food science, business, engineering, or operations management.
- 5-10 years of production experience in a food processing industry.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a management role.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven decision making ability
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.