Process Engineer – Food Industry
Our Client, a leading manufacturer in the Food processing and manufacturing industry, is currently seeking a Process Engineer with a background in processing equipment to join their growing team. This is a long term permanent role with great potential offering an excellent salary and a challenging working environmentPosition: Process Engineer
- The Process Engineer will facilitate development and implementation of programs to improve plant reliability.
- Addresses key operational performance metrics in reliability improvement plans.
- Works with plant management to set actionable plans in place.
- Refines downtime collection process and supports plant staff in analyzing downtime, determining root causes and recommending long-term solutions.
- Leads plant efforts to reduce process variability leading to waste, rate loss or compromised quality.
- Facilitates process improvement teams and trains them in advanced concepts
- Leads efforts to ensure SOP’s are in place to sustain process performance improvements.
- Encourages sharing of best practices between plants.
- Supports Maintenance & Engineering efforts to properly schedule and execute preventative maintenance.
- Uses a fact-based approach with data/statistical analysis to improve existing maintenance programs.
- Relevant university or college degree in engineering or sciences; CET or P.Eng an asset; Food Science an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant operations or engineering experience; Food manufacturing an asset, but not required; Front line manufacturing experience an asset.
- Proven ability in improving reliability operations through practical use of CI tools such as Six-Sigma, Total Quality, Lean Manufacturing, TPM or related process improvement methodologies.
- Proven project management and planning skills.
- Strong analytical skills and fact-based decision making capability;
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written) to interact with all levels in manufacturing locations (shop floor, supervisory, technical staff).
- Well developed computer skills in Excel & Access.
- A strong leadership drive.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.