Location: ON - Mississauga / Oakville area
Salary Range: $28 - $30 per hour
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is looking for a Process Technician / Production Supervisor with experience with injection molding machines to join their growing business.Position: Process Technician / Production SupervisorPrimary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set Up of machine(s) prior to production of planned items
- Auxiliary equipment set up and process parameter input.
- Inspection of parts to ensure compliance with quality control standards.
- Documentation of quality control inspection results.
- Supervision of staff during day to day shift operations by communicating job expectations, planning, and monitoring job
- results. Includes disciplining employees and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintain workflow by monitoring steps of the process, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources.
- Identify opportunities for cost control, scrap reduction of both finished goods and raw materials.
- Facilitate corrections to malfunctions and issues within the process control points.
- Lead physical inventory counts and take steps to continuously improve accuracy.
- Keep management abreast of any production and shift issues including conflicts, material shortages, staff training requirements, vacation requests etc.
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, and resolving process issues.
- Other duties as assigned. Such duties may include but are not limited to the performed by one in such a position, employed by a business/organization similar to the employer.
- Enforcement and adherence to all safety policies and quality procedures.
- Complete and maintain operational reports including quality control, shift status and inventory control reports as required.
- Direct supervision of production employees
- Coaching and performance assessment of direct reports
- Process management and improvement
- Production Planning experience
- Understanding of controls and instrumentation
- Able to manage complexity
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in an ever-changing environment
- Root cause analysis, issue identification and conflict resolution
- Understanding of Quality Management practices and focus on continuous improvement within the production process to exceed customer requirements.
- Experience with injection molding machines an asset.
By applying to this Process Technician position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.