Product Developer – Food Industry
Location: ON - Brampton Area
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Our client in the Food Industry is currently seeking a Product Developer to join their growing team. This is a long term permanent role with great potential offering an excellent salary and a great working environment.ACCOUNTABILITIESProduct Development:
- Product Developer will provide project assistance in the development and commercialization of new products, product improvement, and cost savings
- Develop new product optimization, cost savings, and maintenance of products
- Identify and implement innovative, practical application and modification of ingredients, formulations, and process to achieve business goals of commercializing new products, improving existing products, or cost savings.
- Design and execute experiments, analyze, and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations for specific projects.
- Develop process specifications and ensure training and transfer of specification knowledge to QA and Operations.
- Research and gain thorough understanding and knowledge of state of the art and emerging technologies in product and ingredient technologies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new product and process technologies.
- Product Developer provides innovative solutions for overall category.
- Support Operations and QA to resolve ingredient, formula, process issues and manage product/process changes. Provide technical support with customer on product information and process capability
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams on implementing new equipment and processes.
- Provide formula and process specifications and support to assure smooth rollouts of new equipment and processes.
- Support the process design and review on new capability expansion, cost enhancement, and/or process improvement opportunities of new to the company or new to the world technologies.
- Complete all work assigned and on time
- Bachelor’s degree in food science preferred
- 3+ years of product development experience in Food Industry
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including proficiency with presentations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong passion for innovation
By applying to this Product Developer position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.