Production Manager – Food Industry
Our Client in the Food Industry is currently looking for a Production Manager to join their growing team. This is a long term permanent role with great potential offering an excellent salary and a challenging working environment.
Position: Production Manager – Food Industry
Salary: Depending on experience
Industry: Food Industry
Location: Markham / Scarborough
- Oversee the coordination of production activities to ensure that total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner with high quality.
- Member of management team by driving its strategic initiatives and modeling the Company’s values, mission, and standards of conduct.
- Drive a safety-first culture that aims to eliminate employee injuries and reduce WSIB costs.
- Develop cost effective systems of control over operating expenditures, staffing, and wages.
- Responsible for generating cost savings in the plant
- Work with Maintenance and Engineering to ensure effective execution of capital projects required to upgrade operations or the production of new products and also work on continuous improvements in the plant.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Human Resources to ensure compliance with all legislative and company standards/requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at Management level in Food Industry
- Strong organizational, planning & computer skills (Word & Excel) required;
- Good understanding of GMP, HACCP, and SOPs relating to food production
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a group
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.