Production Supervisor – Food Industry
Our client is a well-established company in the food industry. They have a job opening for a Production Supervisor that is responsible for the day to day operations. This is a great opportunity for a food industry professional looking for a company with growth potential.Position: Production Supervisor
Shift: Day ShiftOverviewThe incumbent will have responsibility to achieve people safety, food safety, quality, productivity, efficiency, cost objectives through both individual and team contributions. He/she will provide direction, leadership, development, and support to direct reports through teamwork, on the job assignments, and CI initiatives. The production supervisor will engage team members in decision making while fostering a learning environment that requires involvement and personal accountability. Key Accountabilities:
- Providing effective leadership and direction to hourly employees (coaching, cross-training, addressing and resolution of employee-related issues and concerns) within the framework of the Company’s policies or collective agreement ensuring consistency in dealing with employee issues.
- Accountable to ensure that their production area is in a ‘audit-ready’ condition for impromptu audits.
- Appropriate resource allocation and time management
- Communication and an on-going reinforcement of production performance indicators/requirements (i.e. health and safety; food safety and quality, customer service, cost etc.).
- Accountable for ensuring the H&S of their employees by utilizing tools such as regular safety talks, administering first aid, prompt and detailed incident investigations and follow up on recommended corrections.
- Minimum 3-7 years of supervisory experience within a food related industry.
- Be able to demonstrated strong knowledge and use of manufacturing systems and processes
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to engage others, provide guidance, leadership, drive for results and facilitate problem solving at all levels
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills with ability to co-ordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines with high attention to detail
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office software and adept/willing to learn new software programs
- Work with minimal direction and to be accountable for all KPIs
- Demonstrated initiative, high motivation and independent problem solving skills with the ability to create and implement solutions.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.