Quality Assurance Manager – Food Industry
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Company in the Food Industry.Position: Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager position is a senior role in the Company and reports to the President, in addition to supporting and maintaining the quality/food safety culture of the Company.Key Responsibilities include:
- The Quality Assurance Manager will work to generate product specifications, ingredient declaration and product labels to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and accuracy of ingredient declarations.
- Investigate raw material and finished product non-conformances, conduct root cause analysis and ensure that corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner to prevent reoccurrences.
- The Quality Assurance leads the HACCP program and ensures compliance with all requirements.
- Champions quality improvement efforts throughout the organization and initiates implementation of required programs.
- Conduct any general duties, specific projects and responsibilities as assigned
- College diploma or university degree in Chemistry, Food Science or Microbiology
- Minimum 10 years of leading teams and projects
- Experience in HACCP, SQF, quality assurance and good manufacturing practices
- Excellent reporting and time management skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on a flexible work schedule when required.
- Experience working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Positive and professional attitude
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.