Quality Technician – Food Industry
Location: ON - Toronto
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client in the Food Industry, is currently seeking an Quality Technician to join their growing team.Position: Quality Technician Key Duties:
- Quality Technician will Develop/update and implement food safety and quality programs, including policies, forms, procedures and training material.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of food safety and quality systems and regulatory programs including the following: HACCP, SQF, BRC and applicable policies and procedures;
- Establishes, maintains and promotes good communications and rapport with all departments, levels of management and CFIA when in assigned facility;
- Determine disposition for any non-compliant WIP or finished product, or initiate product holds
- Preparation, sensory and releasing of in-process products
- Participate and assist in audits- includes reporting findings, follow-up on corrective actions
- Maintains the quality and food safety documentation up to date at plant level.
- Supports the plant team during internal, third party or government inspections and audits;
- Trains employees in the facility on records, policies and procedures
- Additional duties as required
- Relevant college educations/training
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- The proven ability to make & sustain effective interpersonal relationships
- Strong sensory skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a customer focused, fast paced team environment
- To be able to work at different facilities few times per week
- Willingness to work in office and processing plant environments;
- Strong teaching, coaching, mentoring and team-building skills, willingness to train others;
- Able to collect, maintain, evaluate data, summarize and write reports.
- Develops policies and SOP’s and write into approved documents;
- Team player with high integrity, values and a positive attitude;
- Open and flexible to change, take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
By applying to this Quality Technician position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.