Regional Sales Manager – Food Industry
The Regional Sales Manager will be accountable for the execution of the our Strategic plan priorities and objectives for Ontario and sales team. In addition to coordinating with national assets (Customer Marketing) against the growth management of assigned market targets.POSITION: REGIONAL SALES MANAGERKEY ACCOUNTABILITIES Leadership
- Drives Associate performance and engagement
- Develop and train direct sales force in sales techniques resulting in efficiency and incremental results
- Conduct quarterly Performance & Objectives (P&O) conversations with each direct report focusing on individual strengths and individual develop plans
- Mentor/Coach direct sales organization to their individual development plans resulting in enhanced associate development
- Co-Develop (with National Sales Manager) and execute market plans within assigned geography including:
- Measured penetration of assigned 80/20 operator base holding and driving distribution
- Aggressively driving distributor access and operator pull-through of New product priorities
- Achieve volume and margin plans by segment including: base solidification and growth, strategic category incremental growth, achieving new products targets, Platinum SKU objectives.
- Build, and coordinate the execution of, individual market plans and quarterly governance structures including: Category/Segment/Operator specific targeting to tactically capture category share in every market.
- Maintain transparent governance of all assigned market accountabilities: Volume/Sales by segment, customer type, Budgets, promotional/event calendars, through Pipeline and Zone governance metrics
- Bachelors degree required (in business mgt, finance, economics or marketing preferred) Post secondary education (college/university diploma/degree) in marketing, business, economics or related field.
- Minimum 5 years in Food Industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing a direct sales force or brokers including demonstrated successful talent management knowledge and skills
- Experience in managing teams and projects
- Proven change management capabilities
- Competency in influencing and negotiating
- Solid written and verbal communications skills to include strong presentation skills
- Solid understanding of product and P&L’s, strong business and financial acumen
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and troubleshoot
- Competency in sales management and systems
- Strong PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Travel 50%
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.