Sanitation Manager – Food Industry
Location: ON - Toronto
Salary Range: $100,000 - $110,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client, a leading Food Company, is currently seeking a driven and ambitious Sanitation Manager to join their team. This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated professional who has a go-getter attitude.Position: Sanitation Manager – Food Industry
Shift: Night shift – 11pm – 7amOur client one of Canada’s leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods, is currently seeking a 3rd shift Sanitation Supervisor for its manufacturing plant located in the G.T.A The Sanitation Manager has the responsibility of ensuring that Plant Sanitation levels meet all regulatory and in house standards by providing strong leadership and operating expertise to the hourly employees. The mandate is to:
- Ensure all hourly employees are fully trained and follow all GMP rules and in house Quality and Consumer safety standards using HACCP as the main control tool.
- Provide direction to Sanitation employees to ensure timely execution of Sanitation tasks as per the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Motivate his/her team, provide clear expectations, hold people accountable and ensure the correct administration of the collective agreement (UFCW).
- Participate in and facilitate the company’s continuous improvement activities.
- Continue to develop and improve the effectiveness of the plant sanitation process.
- Minimum 5 years of Sanitation leadership experience in a Food manufacturing facility.
- Some post secondary education preferably in business, engineering or food science.
- Excellent communication, performance management and motivational skills.
- Experience in managing relations with Government agencies (CFIA, MOE etc), external auditors and internal customers.
- Proven ability in developing, implementing and improving a Plant Sanitation System.
- A track record of success in leading continuous improvement initiatives cross functionally and delivering business results.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.