Food Processing Technologist
Location: ON - Toronto
Salary Range: $80,000 - $90,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client in Food Manufacturing is looking for an experienced Food Processing Technologist to join their Product Development Team.
Position: Food Processing Technologist
Reports to: Product Development Manager.
- Will work with the Product Development Manager to plan and execute development trials.
- The Food Processing Technologist requires a deep- rooted knowledge of food technology, ingredient functionalities, quality assurance, food science and manufacturing to succeed.
- Communicating trial results and the implications to all levels of the business.
- Capable of quickly developing and maintaining a strong understanding of business processes and interactions between multiple departments.
- Working closely with the Product Developers they should be capable of coaching the team on recipe design and execution including the anticipated impact of scaling.
- Comfortable with a wide variety of packaging and processing equipment.
- Execute procedures (CRF, Pre-trial/launch meetings, post-trial/launch meetings, trial/launch reports, etc.)
- Lead trials, often coordinating and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- In collaboration with Quality Assurance will be responsible for the collection of data outputs from plant trials and post launch production runs used for creation of final product specifications
- Attending and facilitating appropriate internal meetings, communicating the trial requirements
- Executing scheduled trials for new product development and existing formulation testing (process changes, new ingredients, problem solving.)
- Entering the information gathered from the trials / tests in the appropriate data bases.
- Transitioning new recipes into production, supporting operations, working with QA and PD to ensure smooth hand over.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years process development experience in food manufacturing, preferably with SQF certified companies.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.