Production Supervisor – Flexible Packaging Industry
Location: ON - Toronto
Salary Range: $85,000 - $95,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Our Clients, a leader in the flexible packaging industry is looking for a Production Supervisor for their plant in the Toronto area.Summary: Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising production operations on assigned shift(s) in accordance with production schedules and standards that achieve/meet requirements for safety, regulatory compliance, environment, quality, customer service and cost. As part of the Plant’s leadership team, contributes to building and maintaining a culture of continuous improvement.POSITION: PRODUCTION SUPERVISORKey Accountabilities:
- Providing effective leadership and direction to hourly employees (coaching, cross-training, addressing and resolution of employee-related issues and concerns) within the framework of the Company’s policies or collective agreement ensuring consistency in dealing with employee issues;
- Accountable to ensure that their production area is in an ‘audit-ready’ condition for impromptu audits;
- Appropriate resource allocation and time management;
- Communication and an on-going reinforcement of production performance indicators/requirements (i.e. health and safety; food safety and quality, customer service, cost, etc.);
- Accountable for ensuring the H&S of their employees utilizing tools such as regular safety talks, administering first aid, prompt and detailed incident investigations and follow up on recommended corrections.
- 3-5 years of experience in packaging industry (or equivilent);
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Basic computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel).
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.