Project Engineer – Pharmaceutical Industry
Location: ON - GTA
Salary Range: $110,000 - $130,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client, a leading Pharmaceutical Company, is currently seeking a driven and ambitious Project Engineer to join their team. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated professional looking for a company with tremendous upside.Job Title: Project Engineer
Summary: The Project Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and testing mechanical components, machinery, equipment and systems using applied knowledge of engineering principles. This may include designing, fabrication control, operating, installing, or repairing design products such as conveyors, motors, instruments, control panels, packaging and other machines.Job Duties:
- Design, develop, manufacture, install, and test machines such as motors, tools, instruments, and other mechanical devices.
- Specialize in energy systems, applied mechanics, machine design, manufacturing, plant engineering, and maintenance.
- Develop HVAC equipment, machine tools, material handling systems, industrial production equipment, and robots used within manufacturing.
- Design and develop machine tools for use by other engineers.
- Review, evaluate, and improve upon engineering schematics and specifications prepared by consultants.
- Conduct final inspection and recommend acceptance or rejection of completed designs.
- Create and implement standard specification languages and procedures for mechanical engineering projects.
- Improve operations, reduce turnaround times, and optimize processes to provide seamless quality of engineering services.
- Verify and validate engineering designs by testing protocols and analyzing statistical data.
- Act as project manager on engineering projects.
- Assist with the development of project plans, project costing, and coordinating the efforts of other engineers, technicians, designers, and drafters to support cross-functional collaboration.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g. Shop Floor, Applications, Purchasing, IT, etc.) to ensure project success.
- Ensure that designs are safe, efficient, effective, and able to be manufactured.
- Evaluate various mechanical products under consideration for purchase to determine their efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Recommend improvements to current design of products.
- Determine budget requirements for mechanical systems and submit budgetary recommendations.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- University degree in Engineering, or related.
- Minimum 3-5 years of direct work experience in Pharmaceutical or related Consumer Packaged Goods, with production systems, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Direct knowledge of manufacturing methodologies.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or other 3-D imaging software is essential.
- Solid background in machine design as it relates to motion controls, switches, valves, motors, panel wiring, cylinders
- Ability to integrate new technologies into machines to insure that the organization is meeting its high quality goals and
- Ability to converse and collaborate with multiple departments spanning multiple disciplines.
- Experience designing man-machine interfaces.
- Working knowledge of risk analysis and relevant legislative compliance.
- Proven track record in managing project budgets.
- Ability to identify key financial performance indicators and their relationship with project indicators.
- Excellent grasp of diverse, fundamental mechanical engineering concepts and relationships.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques, Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.
- Highly motivated and self-directed capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans (MS Project), test procedures, and design documents. High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Asset – Experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.