Refrigeration Mechanic – Food Industry
Location: ON - Hamilton
Salary Range: $50 - $55 per hour
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client, a leading Food Company, is currently seeking a driven and ambitious Refrigeration Mechanic to join their team.Position: Refrigeration Mechanic Assist with the Maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating & air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Service Technicians perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature controlled merchandisers.
- Duties may include but are not limited to: performing preventative maintenance, Compressor change assists, leak searching and coil washing
- Acquire knowledge through on the job training, which includes new product developments, service bulletins and issues.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies and procedures including OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act) and any local authorities governing requirements. Demonstrate knowledge of safety by successfully completing the CERTI-TECH safety test within the first 90 days of employment.
- Complete necessary documents (work tickets and timesheets) and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate and timely manner. Demonstrate ability to utilize a hand-held computer to complete necessary customer paperwork and invoicing requirements.
- Maintain and manage truck inventory in a accurate, neat and orderly manner as well as adhere to vehicle maintenance program guidelines (If applicable).
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relations.
- Follow branch policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 1 years experience Valid Driver’s license and a safe driving record
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as required as well as on call schedule and holidays
- Must have valid Certificate of Qualification as issued by the Province of Ontario (313A)
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit, along with the required degrees, licenses or certificates listed in the job description.